1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Whereabouts in Falls Creek is Headwater???

Discussion in 'Falls Creek' started by BrumbyJack, Sep 11, 2007.

1. BrumbyJack

BrumbyJack First Runs

Last interschools (2005) the XC events were on the Nordic trails, thanks to the hard work of Alan Marsland and the Birkebeiner Nordic Ski Club.

Interschools wanted them in the village and these people persisted and offered to run the event properly, it was pretty good considering the snow conditions etc. those guys know how to run an event properly!!!

I've been told this year they are in the Village Bowl, timetable says Headwater, anyone know where this is???

2. Ian D

Ian D Pool Room Staff Member Administrator Moderator

#2 Ian D, Sep 11, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013
  3. BrumbyJack

BrumbyJack First Runs

Thanks for that Ian, that is where I thought they would hold them if there wasn't enough snow for the Nordic trails.

To me that area is known as McKay Road, where the 2006 Hoppet start was if anyone else can confirm that??? Also the 2006 Vic. sprints, and Australian XC Nationals.

A bit confusing that people are saying it's in the Village Bowl... I hope that isn't true.

4. currawong

currawong Old but not so Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

Like Ian said, Headwater is the disused poma that runs from near the McKay rd/ up to summit. I don't know how big a loop they will use, but it would be in the vicinity of 2006 Hoppet start, possibly a bit further from Eagle than that.

To me McKay rd means everything from down near the dam, all the way to Mt McKay, but most frequently refers to the bit below the junction with wombats ramble

5. Ian D

Ian D Pool Room Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Yep, probably only about 100m or so from the actual McKay Rd which they do groom for XC although skidoos often cruise up there for sunset.
    eg: [​IMG]

Perhaps they are meeting in the Village Bowl and catching the summit chair up to the Headwater area for the races?

#5 Ian D, Sep 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013