Where's everybody booking accommodation this year with their cheap season passes

Billy_Buttons

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Mar 25, 2011
I can't set dates yet with work and bought the discount season passes last year for Thredbo. Have been looking at accommodation and so many juicy dates have been taken already for late July and August. Starting to fret.
frown.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

LMB

Old but definitely not Crusty!
Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
That is something that concerned me.
Not all that sure when I am coming over either, but I suppose I should lock in some dates and start searching. I suppose if worst comes to worst we could stay off mountain and drive up each day. Not perfect, but...

tbnext

One of Us
Mar 3, 2008
I would suggest you get in early, the cheap season pass maybe here to stay but this yeAr sill be carnage

cin

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 31, 2008
Chernobyl, Russia
on a bit of a budget this year, you know, home reno's, 4 month old and missus not working, self employed & economy/building industry pretty shit, etc.
Anyone got any info on the Jindy caravan park? rates, reviews, availability, facilities?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
cin said:
on a bit of a budget this year, you know, home reno's, 4 month old and missus not working, self employed & economy/building industry pretty shit, etc.
Anyone got any info on the Jindy caravan park? rates, reviews, availability, facilities?

Not 100% sure if Mrs LTB will do the season at Buller with jnr LTB in Yr 10 this year.

If not I'll let you know and you're welcome to drive down and stay at our place mid week, Orange Passes included. PM me closer to the season if you're interested and I should know what's going on.

Dr. Wood Duck said:
What is this orange pass you speak of LTB?

lifetime pass for lifts - annual renewal fee. Created when Orange and Blue Lifts were merged bu the McDonalds.(who sold to the Grollos ) Bought when when we sold our Lodge shares and got the apartment. Fully transferrable and can be given to others for skiing day to day ( provided waivers are signed ). We are now skiing year to year at Buller for the transfer fee of approx $40 ( annual discount season pass has surpassed initial purchase price)
wink.gif

cin

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 31, 2008
Chernobyl, Russia
luvthabumps said:
cin said:

Not 100% sure if Mrs LTB will do the season at Buller with jnr LTB in Yr 10 this year.

If not I'll let you know and you're welcome to drive down and stay at our place mid week, Orange Passes included. PM me closer to the season if you're interested and I should know what's going on.

wow! Thanks so much, thats incredibly kind.
smile.gif

have wanted to try Buller for ages.
cool.gif

wangster

A Local
Oct 24, 2008
I haven't seen the cabins or facilities at the one in town but over at Snowline they have some nice cabins and a decent ameneties block. No idea on prices though

Vermillion

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Nov 13, 2005
Cranhole, Melbourne, VIC
luvthabumps said:
got all my accom lined up at Buller for the season and can't believe it will only cost me $40 to ski for the season again
outtahere.gif
#orangepass
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif
Orange pass. Do they have to do DNA tests on some hair to make sure you're 'pure'?
tongue.gif

skichanger

A Local
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 2012
chaletmyoko.com
Try some of the clubs. Schuss, the one I am a member of will soon be taking bookings from the public, has lodges at 3 resorts and is often only fully booked for a few weeks each season. Sometimes you can get a bed at very short notice.

MarkGC

One of Youse
Ski Pass
Jul 28, 2010
Northern NSW
Pool goes in the ground in March and 2 or 3 trips down this year means we are slumming it at the station this year. Still had availability for the cheap rate that goes with the Freedom Pass when I booked today.

Two weeks accommodation cost less than one week usually sets us back, but we are sleeping in a room with the kids so no
in love.gif

pow_pow

Hard Yards
Aug 4, 2009
getting hammered this season. got wedding in bali early july, bucks weekend on 20th july wk, another wedding away on 18th august, maybe a few mid wk trips depending on work but my seasons a write off already.

mightlook at car camping but maybe out lay for gear will pay for cheap room

SnowTragic

Hard Yards
Feb 1, 2009
Sydney
loweee said:
wangster said:
I haven't seen the cabins or facilities at the one in town but over at Snowline they have some nice cabins and a decent ameneties block. No idea on prices though
My Mrs works at the one in town it says rates confirmed by Jan 31 2012 and they look all to be free as per there website.

http://www.jindabyneholidaypark.com.au/snow-season/rates.php

Discovery holiday park Is good... I've stayed in alpine, geehi, Kosciusko & northcote cabins and they're all good!
smile.gif

http://www.discoveryholidayparks.com.au/nsw/snowy_mountains/jindabyne/accomodation

Telemark Phat

Pass the butter
Ski Pass
Jun 21, 2008
Jindabyne
www.telemarkphat.org
pow_pow said:
getting hammered this season. got wedding in bali early july, bucks weekend on 20th july wk, another wedding away on 18th august, maybe a few mid wk trips depending on work but my seasons a write off already.

mightlook at car camping but maybe out lay for gear will pay for cheap room

Wedding early July? Silly person, May and November are the months when you commit to not skiing!

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

featherplucker

Hard Yards
Jul 8, 2009
Sydney/Melbourne
www.flickr.com
MarkGC said:
Pool goes in the ground in March and 2 or 3 trips down this year means we are slumming it at the station this year. Still had availability for the cheap rate that goes with the Freedom Pass when I booked today.

How did you get the special rate? Is it $70 per night throughout the whole season?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass