Last year I did skied at some of the Canterbury fields (Mt Hutt and Porters) for 4 days and we got kinda lucky that we didn't really have any days when the wind was a big problem. We had one day where we though Mt Hutt might close so we went to Porters instead. On that day Mt Hutt closed the Six chair to the top but left the Quad open, not sure about the triple. Porters had the whole Mountain open in the morning but by the afternoon had closed down everything but the chairlift. So my question is which mountain in Canterbury is the better option when there is wind on the forecast and there is the potential of them closing down some or all of the mountain? Which mountain has the better lower half when the lifts can't run to the top? I know I wasn't super impressed by the terrain serviced by the chairlift at Porters but on the same day if you went to Mt Hutt the you only had the quad which isn't super impressive either. Anyways, I was heading back this year and just wanted to know my options when the forecast is for wind. Thoughts?