Whistler 2019-2020

robbo mcs

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne
Vail's refund policy is not to refund.
I had to cancel my trip to Canada in February due to a vertebrae fracture. Fernie refunded with no penalty, however Vail/Whistler refused, which is now with travel insurance.

All the details of refunds are clearly outlined on the FAQ section of the website.

https://www.snow.com/info/covid-19-update.aspx

In summary :
Epic pass : no refund
Booked day tickets : refundable
Booked lessons, ski rentals etc : refundable
Accomodation owned and operated by Vail resorts : refundable

There are some caveats for things booked after 22/3, as they still have the option of reopening then. However, I can't see any scenario that would improve the situation to the extent that they would reopen in a weeks time. If the closure continues, then presumably things after 22/3 would be refundable as well

Just looked at the cams, looks like a beautiful day up there :(
Untitled.png

Reactions: Ret-ro

Skichic2

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 22, 2017
Vail's refund policy is not to refund.
I had to cancel my trip to Canada in February due to a vertebrae fracture. Fernie refunded with no penalty, however Vail/Whistler refused, which is now with travel insurance.
Which is why you tick the insurance box when you buy the pass.

Reactions: Ret-ro

Chalkie

A Local
Ski Pass
Jul 1, 2002
Vancouver, Canada
Just looked at the cams, looks like a beautiful day up there :(
Untitled.png

It is stunning weather on the coastal mountains right now, and the forecast is for that to remain so all week. We planning on a run up to Whistler on Wednesday or Thursday. Last night's announcement put paid to that. So we thought we'd head to Cypress instead - Cypress announced that it is closing "until further notice" from 4pm today (Sunday). So that option is off the table.

Grouse remains open for the time being so we may head up there instead for a ski this week. Or even drive to Sun Peaks and spend a couple of days there.

Bendalong+

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jan 30, 2014
Which is why you tick the insurance box when you buy the pass.
The ticketing was purchased by our travel agent, so not sure about the ticking of the box. We advised cancellation of my trip 5 weeks prior to the pass dates. Anyway, it was only a 4 day Whistler pass. Airfares are being covered by travel insurance. Accommodation was not lost as my wife still went and I stayed at home working to pay for it all.

Skichic2

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 22, 2017
The ticketing was purchased by our travel agent, so not sure about the ticking of the box. We advised cancellation of my trip 5 weeks prior to the pass dates. Anyway, it was only a 4 day Whistler pass. Airfares are being covered by travel insurance. Accommodation was not lost as my wife still went and I stayed at home working to pay for it all.
Most travel insurance that covers skiing has a closed piste cover.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass