1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Advice needed Whistler and...? Jan '15

Discussion in 'Canada' started by kylep, Jul 5, 2014.

1. chunky

chunky Old n' Crusty

Which place did you like the most out of curiosity?

2. kylep

kylep Cage rattler Ski Pass: Gold

All good for different vibes. Everywhere was a bit light on cover or mixed condition snow. With full cover I could stay entertained at Whistler for a long time, but it is everything that comes with a big, well know, heavily marketed resort.
    Only really got a taste of both SP and SS (bigger taste of SP) and if you want a smaller village and more chilled vibe they are better. I would prefer the terrain of SS over SP theoretically. It was icy and crappy when we were there but I could definitely see potential and liked the terrain. SS Village seems a little more insular to us and it feels like most people are part of a big group or one of the local/seasoners. We were only there for 3 nights so a bit more time maybe would have felt warmer. SP is a slightly bigger village and more happening, plus a lot of forumites around.

If I was to plan another trip now in the same area with just my thoughts in mind I'd probably consider doing SS again plus checking out some of the other BC resorts. Whistler comes into consideration again depending on who else is coming and potentially needing to keep them happy but sucks your money faster! It'll probably be 5 years before I do another Canadian trip and by then I might want the more family vibe of SP though. Many other places I want to check out in the US, plus more trips to Japan to do over the next few years. Life developments could of course change these plans at any time.

3. absentskier

absentskier Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

Two words. Red Mountain.

4. chunky

chunky Old n' Crusty

Maybe even Revelstoke? But Whistler with good conditions is an awesome place with sooo many options.

5. kylep

kylep Cage rattler Ski Pass: Gold

Yeah wanted Revy but for time. Next Canadian probably Banff and surrounds. Like everything in this world, too many fun things to do, not enough Lotto!

dawooduck likes this.