1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Question Who else has tried surfing?

Discussion in 'Backcountry' started by Mister Tee on XC Skis, Feb 9, 2018.

1. GS

GS Part of the Furniture Ski Pass: Gold

Is that still classed as surfing? Very cool tech though. Like the new AC75s, they are nuts...75 foot boats doing 50knots

[​IMG]

mr and parkmonkey like this.
  2. parkmonkey

parkmonkey Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

I’ve got a wing showing up in a couple weeks, i think I’ll be fun as i grew up windsurfing but i mostly want get good with it to catch open ocean stuff

mr likes this.
  3. parkmonkey

Still riding a wave, people surf their skateboards, surf the mountain on skis or snowboard

4. parkmonkey

5. philthree

philthree Addicted

Hey Mr. T agree with previous DON'T waste your money on buying a softboard. Soft boards are great for the first couple of surfs but if you have decided you want to continue surfing and improve you need to move on. Softies offer NO performance think: glide, carve, response, speed......comparable to the worst rental skis you have ever used and then some. I think you would only buy a softie if you are a surf school or have a tribe of people who also want to try surfing for the first time. Essentially riding a softie is a watered down version of surfing (not that there is anything wrong with that).

6. Annabuzzy

Annabuzzy Part of the Furniture Ski Pass: Gold

...or you want to surf north Bondi or Tamarama

Fozzie Bear likes this.
  7. Belly

Belly A Local Ski Pass: Gold

Or you want to surf 0.5ft micro without the hassle of carrying a mal :) best thing I ever did was buying the +1 a 6'6" softy (for me ha ha)

8. Mister Tee on XC Skis

Mister Tee on XC Skis A Local Ski Pass: Gold Ski Pass: Silver

I have done so much surfing and learning since I first started/posted this thread. I would be surfing now if I was not a prisoner in my own postcode :-0.
    See the photo I have posted. They are MY SURFBOARDS. They are both the real deal both with three fin thruster set ups.
    I cannot recommend the Trigger Brothers NUKE 2 surfboard more highly. For Westernport conditions it is perfect for the learner/ intermediate board rider who is tall , beefy and somewhat athletic and weighs 94 kg.s. I chose that green colour and my name is on the board along with the hand written measurements.