Technical Whose climate is that, anyway?

POW Hungry

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 28, 2000
Eastern Burbs of Sydney
Not dissimilar to the Backcountry Forum's 'Where is this?' thread... I figured it's be a bit of fun to guess the windrose, or climate obs, or Sunlight hours etc.

Whose wind is this?
Annual 9am:
1652443023961.png

Annual 3pm:
1652442979500.png

Hint, it's good for a visit post ski-season.

Reactions: DerekHV
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

BlueHue

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 17, 2003
South of Cooma
Wyndham, hottest year round town in Oz but now I have the opposite problem. I thought Wyndham had a wetter summer.

And now I'm confused again. I think I was confusing Meekatharra with Marble Bar for the record for the longest continuous hot spell but still not believing Marble Bar clocks up that much precip in summer months so Wyndham my answer is.

Reactions: DerekHV

Mcbobbings

One of Us
Jul 10, 2019
Macquarie Park NSW
Wyndham, hottest year round town in Oz but now I have the opposite problem. I thought Wyndham had a wetter summer.

And now I'm confused again. I think I was confusing Meekatharra with Marble Bar for the record for the longest continuous hot spell but still not believing Marble Bar clocks up that much precip in summer months so Wyndham my answer is.

Close, bit too far north (relatively speaking of course, WA is a big place)

The record in question is actually a cold temp record, nothing to do with consecutive heat days.

Reactions: POW Hungry

Jac0b

One of Us
Jul 5, 2019
Between Parra & Horsley Pk
Good guesses,

I chose this one because it's so similar to an elevated area in NSW or Victoria, but it's actually not in either state! A hint is the March highest daily temperature is quite high for the CTs or southern highlands.

Tanuki

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Sep 29, 2010
Good guesses,

I chose this one because it's so similar to an elevated area in NSW or Victoria, but it's actually not in either state! A hint is the March highest daily temperature is quite high for the CTs or southern highlands.
Is it in the Granite Belt QLD or Adelaide Hills?

Wavey

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 3, 2019
Wollongong, NSW
I'm now thinking its Ouse in Tasmania. That place gets some crazy all day inversions which would explain the cold record low max. Hobart on the coast has an average Jan temp of about 23 I think so a 26 average is definitely possible there being further inland. Has to be somewhere low elevation if it's in Tas for it to have a 12 degree average max in July.

Homer

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 3, 2005
Castle Hill - Sydney
I'm now thinking its Ouse in Tasmania. That place gets some crazy all day inversions which would explain the cold record low max. Hobart on the coast has an average Jan temp of about 23 I think so a 26 average is definitely possible there being further inland. Has to be somewhere low elevation if it's in Tas for it to have a 12 degree average max in July.

Very clever!
Well done Wavey!!

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass