Why does Perisher hate those who stay overnight on the mountain?

Legs Akimbo

Grumblebum
Ski Pass
Mar 3, 1999
Coastal suburban boonies.
This sounds like a Mexican stand-off with no particular body wanting t claim ownership of the problem, just waiting for the other bodies to claim responsibility and fund the service.

It’s not so different to the constant State/Fed Health & Hospital funding wrangle.

But somewhere in the Perisher lease it should state who does what for each service?

Or is it a ‘modern loophole’ to be exploited by the 3 bodies - and some lodges?
What's the loophole? I happen to like that the roads aren't cleared in winter.

Telemark Phat

Pass the butter
Ski Pass
Jun 21, 2008
Jindabyne
www.telemarkphat.org
This sounds like a Mexican stand-off with no particular body wanting t claim ownership of the problem, just waiting for the other bodies to claim responsibility and fund the service.

It’s not so different to the constant State/Fed Health & Hospital funding wrangle.

But somewhere in the Perisher lease it should state who does what for each service?

Or is it a ‘modern loophole’ to be exploited by the 3 bodies - and some lodges?
The village roads have nothing to do with TfNSW or Perisher. Not ploughing the village roads is a deliberate decision by the Park since for ever. The same as the Park only using one oversnow permit to minimise their administrative burden.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

skinavy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Feb 7, 2001
Canberra, ACT
The village roads have nothing to do with TfNSW or Perisher. Not ploughing the village roads is a deliberate decision by the Park since for ever. The same as the Park only using one oversnow permit to minimise their administrative burden.
Clearing the roads in Perisher Valley was looked at years ago and the lodge owners (SLOPES) lobbied to not have it happen.

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Clearing the roads in Perisher Valley was looked at years ago and the lodge owners (SLOPES) lobbied to not have it happen.
The odd thing. Towards spring the roads clear themselves anyways.
Yet they are still shut.
I remember having a barry at me once for driving to a mates lodge . On cleared but "closed" roads.
It was September 19th FFS.

Chookfooter

Cranky Curmudgeon
Ski Pass
May 11, 2020
The odd thing. Towards spring the roads clear themselves anyways.
Yet they are still shut.
I remember having a barry at me once for driving to a mates lodge . On cleared but "closed" roads.
It was September 19th FFS.
That could be part of the contract with Hans Oversnow, guarantees them income for the season.

currawong

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
same at FC, and rightly so. not saying that issues are the quite same.
  • ski in/out is a big deal
  • safety on narrow, and often steep, roads, esp for pedestrians
  • the magic of a snowy village with no cars and few vehicles is part of the appeal for visitors

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

snowgum

A Local
Ski Pass
May 4, 1999
vic
So the parking pads required by Parks are for summer / green only? Or an historical aboration?

Excuse my naievity here guys - I rarely get north of the border in winter and I’m (clearly) ignorant of the logic of many decisions.

At least we’re across the (main) road management & parking issues now. :whistle:

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using