NSW/ACT Widespread Rain - August 7-10, 2020

nfip

Cold 'n Rusty
Ski Pass
Jul 24, 2006
Yuin Country
MrsG staying down at Mollymook tonight, wondering how she's going to go getting home tomorrow. Its looking pretty hectic down south at the moment and looks like getting hectic-er.
my own backyard.
has been steady all day.
stop start.
just a good lusty blow.
she will be fine.
IMO

stormkite2000

One of Us
Jan 1, 2020
Have a look @ the uppers shear/ low/ wind stream over nsw and 700 hum moisture plots . looks the main driver for tomorrow. Different driver not the offshore low.

Selection_035.png

The upper wind profile. is likely the reason all soundings showing wind.

Steve777

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2019
Artarmon, Sydney North Shore
The air mass is cold tomorrow over Central and Northern parts of the State. Meteye shows snow on the Oberon Plateau, Barrington Tops and a few pixels on the Northern Tablelands at 16:00 tomorrow. The Central Tablelands forecast for tomorrow has snow possible above 1100 metres.

——

I drove up to the Central Coast late this afternoon and returned about an hour ago. It was clearing as I headed North with a bit of ground fog about in paddocks by the road after sunset. It was a starry night as I returned with a beautiful gibbous moonrise.

nfip

Cold 'n Rusty
Ski Pass
Jul 24, 2006
Yuin Country
50mm since 9am yesterday.
seems like more.
check the radar loop and Captains Flat & district copped it solid.
few warnings out too !
SOUTH COAST WEATHER WARNINGS
NSW/ACT - Sun 07:54 EST
Moderate To Major Flood Warning For The Shoalhaven River

NSW/ACT - Sun 05:59 EST
Moderate To Major Flood Warning for the Moruya And Deua Rivers

NSW/ACT - Sun 05:51 EST
Severe Weather Warning (Damaging Wind, Heavy Rain & Damaging Surf) Illawarra, Mid Nth Coast, Hunter, Sydney, Sth Coast & Southern Tablelands

NSW/ACT - Sun 04:10 EST
Gale Warning for Sydney Closed Waters & Sydney, Illawarra and Batemans coasts. Strong Wind Warning for Macquarie, Hunter and Eden coasts

NSW/ACT - Sun 04:02 EST
Hazardous Surf Warning for Sydney, Illawarra, Batemans and Eden coasts

NSW/ACT - Sun 04:01 EST
Sheep Graziers Warning for Hunter, Northern/Central/Southern Tablelands, Illawarra, South West Slopes, Snowy Mtns, ACT & South Coast

NSW/ACT - Sun 02:45 EST
Flood Warning For The Bega River

NSW/ACT - Sat 10:51 EST
Flood Watch For The New South Wales South Coast And Queanbeyan River

Steve777

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2019
Artarmon, Sydney North Shore
That rain band has been inching ever so slowly North. It’s reached here (Artarmon) with steady but very light rain. It’s certainly turned chilly, with OH, the Airport and Olympic Park all below 11°.

That’s an amazing flood at the Oallan Ford Bridge.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass