Win an instant holiday in Japan, Double Black Hotel. Travel Expo Special (Mel.)

AndyP

Hard Yards
Jul 13, 2009
Australia
<span style='font-size: 17pt'>
Win an all inclusive holiday
...and more!
</span>

<span style='font-size: 17pt'><span style='font-size: 14pt'>Double Black Hotel, Hakuba Japan</span></span>

For those of you who remember, last year we raffled off an all inclusive holiday for two to Japan. Included flights from Australia, 7 nights stay with us at Double Black, free equipment hire (via Central Snow Sports) and ski lessons via (Ski Instructors Japan). The lucky winner was Phil Anthon from Brisbane - see his email below on how he found the trip.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Well we're doing it again for the 2010/11 season</span>, but with a special twist for this weekends Melbourne Travel Expo. Sunday, 16th May.

hotel_snow.jpg

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Melbourne Snow Travel Expo Special
</span>

You can enter the main competition as normal via the website here http://www.doubleblackhotel.com , to be drawn 30th Sept.

However if you can't wait that long to try and win a holiday, then why not come down to Stand 23 this Sunday at the Melbourne Exhibition Center mcec.com.au . On the day, we'll be having a <span style='font-family: Arial Black'>free draw for 7 nights accommodation for two at 12pm & 2 pm</span>.
<span style='font-family: Arial Black'>Entry is easy</span> - Just come along and register for the main competition, where you'll get a raffle ticket. All you need to do is come back to Stand 23 at either 12pm or 2pm for the draw. You must be there however if you are to win, we keep drawing until we have a winner.

For more information on visiting the Snow Travel Expo go to Snow travel Expo

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>2009/10 Competition winner - Phil Anthon</span>
1256127788_t.jpg

Thanks for a great holiday

I thought now that I was back on deck I'd thank you (& all the owners) for a great prize & a fantastic time but also provide some feedback on the staff @ the hotel.

But as an intro I have to classify Hakuba as probably the best all round ski location I've been to - whilst there are other resorts in Europe that have larger ski areas, resorts in Canada that have greater facilities & others in Japan that have better local/Brisbane reputations I go skiing overseas to experience great snow conditions (well at least hopefully) & to get an experience around the local cultural vibe - Hakuba delivered these in spades.

The weather delivered snow at all the right times, the lifts were empty (even on a weekend) & getting around was incredibly easy - I appreciate that it was the back end of the season & the village is in wind down mode but my partner & I had a blast.

Now some of the outcomes I've just mentioned were in no small way attributable to the hotel management team - Sean & Sarah are delightful & constantly went out of their way to do whatever they could - again I suspect the pressure of a full hotel may have been different as there was only 3 guests whilst we were there - but there was never anything they couldn't or wouldn't do. Sorting out things to do, organising ski rental, recommendations for meals,ski lessons ( Dan from Hakuba Ski School is a hoot (even if he is a Kiwi)), lift passes & even when there was an overnight dump doing a run with all the hotel guests to Cortina (now I know there was a hidden agenda in that Sean & Dean were after a few runs through fresh powder but other places I've stayed this wouldn't have happened or have been contemplated by the staff).

The other staff - Caitlin, Ben & Rolley - all did things that wouldn't have occurred elsewhere -eg Caitlin on her day off somehow managed to recognise us on the slopes & took us on her favourite slope, Ben did a drop off one morning on his way boarding but made an effort to make sure we were as close as possible to the lifts & knew where the ticket office was & how to purchase tickets.

Having run a few businesses over the years I know that feedback both good & bad is useful particularly in a service industry like hospitality - in the case of Double Black you've got a great team running it & the only thing I could find as constructive feedback is putting ipod speakers into the rooms ( can't understand a word of the Japanese tv).

I've only been back 3 days but have already talked to a bunch of mates & couples about a childless trip to Hakuba in early March & the kids are in my ear about "going to Hakuba @ Xmas" - will help me get through the year!

PS - have already entered the prize draw for next year!!

Regards

Philip Anthon

Governance @ Work

Last edited by a moderator:

AndyP

Hard Yards
Jul 13, 2009
Australia
Just so everyone knows, the draw will be held soon after the 30th Sept for the main prize, announced the week after.

Love the enthusiasm of everyone entering the competition, and we'll be offering all those who do, but don't win, a great rate if you do still want to come stay with us.

Last year - Phoning the winner, Phil, was such a highlight. Like anyone entering a competition we all think no one wins or it's never me, so it's great phoning someone out the blue and saying you've won and listening to their joy of winning.

Would love everyone to win, so that they can come and see what a special place we have in Hakuba, but as they say in Highlander the movie - 'There can only be one' (well not entirely true if you come Sunday, as it will be three)

Come by and introduce yourself if you do make it down, would be great to meet you in person.

Andrew
http://www.doubleblackhotel.com

LMB

Old but definitely not Crusty!
Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
I was at Double Black in March,
thumbsup.gif
it is good stuff!
Whoever wins this prize is going to be STOKED!

K@os

A Local
Aug 12, 2005
South Australia
Doonks said:
I am going to win this. You heard it here first!

That's not going to work twice in a row Doonks and besides you've won enough lately...I'm winning this one
wink.gif

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass