Wine buffs shouldn't miss this event

Discussion in 'Noticeboard' started by Skipress, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Skipress

Skipress Active Member

Guests (or mountain staff) planning to be at Falls Creek Alpine Resort on Wednesday 26 July will be able to take part in an amazing journey with Malcolm Stopp the Brand Ambassador and Educator for Peter Lehmann Wines.
    Stopp has spent 38 years working in the wine and has had the opportunity to work with the late “PL” as he was affectionately known.
    This has given him unrivaled knowledge of the wines and winemaking process, the community and the region, making him one of the most highly respected guardians of the Peter Lehmann brand.
    The team at elk Restaurant, located in the heart of Falls Creek, will create an appropriate array of courses to match the Peter Lehmann Wines. Head Chef from 360q Queenscliff Mat Hallam is making a guest appearance.Mine host Stopp will, throughout the evening, provide his intimate knowledge of how each wine was produced and how the winemaker/s tweaked the grapes before the end product was made available to wine enthusiasts

Canapes: Peter Lehmann Sparkling Chardonnay Pinot Cuvee Brut

Parmesan goujeres Prawns w nouc cham

Entrée: Peter Lehmann Hill and Valley Pinot Gris
    Scallops on the half shell w apple & waldorf

2nd Entree
    Ham hock terrine w pistachio nuts, yuzu gel & crackling

Main course: Peter Lehmann Hill and Valley Tempranillo & Cabernet Sauvignon
    Confit duck leg w vanilla roasted parsnip puree, broccolini & plum jus

Cheese Selection Peter Lehmann The King Fortified

Cost $100 per person

To secure a spot call elk Restaurant Tel 5758 3673

Attached Files:

Summit likes this.
  2. Summit

Summit Part of the Furniture
    Season Pass Gold

Last year I did a wine tour of the Barossa that included lunch and some great wine tasting at Peter Lehmann Wines. I don't use the word great lightly, we were able to taste all their best wines including the renowned Stonewell Shiraz.

Message to self : must remember to book a BYO restaurant soon to take the last of my bottles of Peter Lehmann 8 Songs Shiraz !

During the tour the tour guide told us the story of how Peter Lehmann saved the Barossa wine industry in the late 70's.

http://peterlehmannwines.com/our-story/peter-lehmann-the-man.html

3. currawong

currawong Old And Crusty
    Season Pass Gold

wish it was this week:yum: