Separate names with a comma.
We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics.
NOTE: This notice may be closed.
Discussion in 'Alpine & Snow' started by POW_hungry, May 31, 2017.
Mansfield 1913, everyone would love to see snow like that again
Drier the air, the bigger the snowmaking window.
kids, what's the cloud cover like over Jindy tonight?
Think a star filled photo Op
Don't make me jealous
I epically fail at It :-(
im blaming light pollution
We can teach you when we come down in July. Will swap some astro photo tips for ski tips.
Would love too!!!
No sheep graziers alerts 107 years ago. If it happened next week perhaps large stock losses?.... W
GFS continuing to support the 8/9th July signal.
EC Ensembles doesn't want a bar of it.
Yeah 8-9 looks another nw -se trough on the gfs extended.
Extended crazy hrs has ice cold polar air trough from the vortex @10-11.
GFS going for a double dipping.
Watch that 9-11th period grow over the next few runs.
I'm inbound for Charlotte Pass this weekend for a coupla weeks. Reckon a decent 30 cm will open up quite a bit of their territory if the base persists. This week's system might not get there moisture wise (though if enough wind the CP bowl might catch a bit of Main Range drift I'm hoping). The 8-9 July system, mid way through the school holidays would be most appreciated.
Oh Yes please. Bring it on!
This is a workable sign for a 9th-12th July system from EC Determ:
You can imagine it being a cut-off at this point. Plenty projection North if that trailing, sub-polar High is anything to go by.
BOM has updated their App and no longer have Perisher Valley. Jindabyne seems to have Perisher Valley’s weather.
Yep, being discussed here; https://www.ski.com.au/xf/threads/updated-bom-weather-app-android.87926/
Hanging for a good old fashion sw polar blast! I’ll hang my hat on something decent coming through around the 13th of July lol it’s the misses birthday and it nearly always snows here around that time
with a nearly cooked early season - I'm glad there's hope of a double dip to save it yet.
machine snow in the Pvf terrain park today was nearly as good as Friday's.
Dunno how you manage to get out of bed on shitty weather day TBH...
Weatherzone will have to do
GFS showing a big signal for a cold outbreak 14/15th of July.
There’s a good chance AAO/SAM still could be in that negative phase but we wouldn’t won’t much of a change to its trend if it’s to remain strong.
Yes, saw that over the weekend too. Sent them feedback via the app and Google Play. Also didn't list Thredbo.
It’s a case of squeaky wheel gets the oil. We encourage everyone her to log feedback with the BOM on this.
Blardy freezing up here! I'm not dressed for this!
I do find these forums of the most upmost enjoyment whilst building a sense of positive apprehension. If I just relied on the 4 Day BOM charts, it would be like playing a One Armed Bandit (remember those) and gambling on whether we would have snow at short range. Instead, when I see these rolling updates from people as learned as POW, it settles my wait for the obvious "will it / will it not snow" when we spend all of our cash for the 2nd week of school holidays. So - I am watching this 14/15th Node -- Intently !
The wind chill getting to you? Apparent temp -7c at Perisher
I am. Ain't got no time for this!!
EC was trending the wrong way past few days,but now its holding serve in neg territory with its forecast.
Thoughts on MJO firing up in the next few weeks after a decent hiatus?
It seems we're reliant on PW/RW at the moment.
little cold now at the valley. Had our first wind blown day early on. But doesnt want to blow around anymore despite wind chill being solid. Flat light now as clouds start building. Can’t see it clearing at this point this arvo. Incoming!
Sounds like I bailed at the right time!!
Don't think we will see any strong mjo signals until mid to latter next month. They tend to ramp up around the lead in to the wpac's prime typhoons months. You and jellybeans would have just as much idea as me atm.
prefrontal crossing Victoria. Windy in the Dandenongs.
Hopeful for any extra intel.
From the top of Monbulk just now.
BBQ on the snow....Steaks and prawn on it?
I'd be watching the 14th to 16th.
Gotta let this system run first...... but
No ticket restrictions at Phil’s place!
He'll be pushing people around FF..
People, what people
Might have to rug the horse
That winds going to whistle right over the lake..
I've not got a good feeling about this from a Charlotte Pass perspective at the moment. They've lost a bit with the rain and this current system doesn't look like it will be enough to fill in the terrain to get the lifts happening
Friday July 10th seems to have a chance of some snow from what limited understanding I have of these things.
What, to see people with their 2wd without chains who don't know how to drive on snow and ice spinning their wheels trying to go up hill. I've seen this, and thinking "don't do that anywhere near my car"
Hopefully they are not from the lockdown suburbs.
Donna Buang is boganville after a dump with snow wannabies - it's sad but true.
Having said that, if there is sizable snow to 800m, Donna Buang might have a decent amount of snow on it for a day or two.
Mt. Margaret is more low key than Mt. DB .It would be my pick of snow play places if I was not a skier.
Fri.week ( July 10 th ) according some forecasting models could bring snow to Mt DB and other places such as Lake Mt. and Mt. Stirling. We shall wait and see .
Not telling me anything I don’t know...
I love weatherzone lol
“There is a high level of model disagreement during the second week of the fortnight, but it’s looking like some snow is possible most days”
Now to wait for Pow to deliver the good/bad news...
EC suggests every flake that falls this week/weekend is gonna be washed away.... if you choose to believe that scenario at 10 days out...