Winter's Snowed-In BBQ Forum

foxbat

Hard Yards
Jul 16, 2018
Weatherzone App is currently forecasting 10-20mm precipitation and (1C Max , -4C Min) for next week Thursday 4 August at Perisher Valley. With -1C Max to 1C Max temps from 2-8 August inclusive, and some snow every day during that period.

So if that holds, things are looking good for snow sports and the school kids snow trips/lessons during that period at least, as long as it is not too windy!
when will the post 31st prediction thread be stood up?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
when will the post 31st prediction thread be stood up?
Nothin's happening on the 31st.

That I can see.
Even though yr.no is showing it.
fading clipper.
ec-fast_z500_mslp_aus_7.png

That was easy.

Reactions: POW Hungry

Adaminaby Angler

One of Us
Ski Pass
Ski Pass
Jul 3, 2019
Maragle, NSW; 948 m AMSL; 35.86° S
We live in Hope but the Minor Southern ski locations in Victoria are not doing so well for snowfalls at present.
Falls Creek is still reliable for snow considering Australia is mostly a flat desert.
Stupid and irrelevant comment. On an absolute scale, we have plenty of landmass that gets reliable snow.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

rocketboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 9, 2010
Gerroa
What's it looking like first week of September? Too early to put any faith in the long range models yet?

Still working on what happened in the last hour. Next hour should have 4 seasons and something extra to keep things interesting. Then you get to the actual conditions of the playing surface which this year have near zero correlation with the weather in the last hour.

Reactions: NightSky
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Rabid K9

A Local
Ski Pass
Jul 15, 2008
The vibe is strong from next week….

(mainly because am arriving with family & need the optimism).

Pretty much need to run a cartel to take the squad the Australian snow from WA.

System moving into WA from Monday looking like a monster, aside from ringing phone out of it’s cover with work, reckon I could park one of the trucks on the highway & land sail across with the westerlies forecast.

MickM

A Local
Ski Pass
Aug 15, 2001
Gordon, Vic
BOM have upped the Perisher forecast a bit Sunday and Monday , are they being delusional about Wednesday suggesting snow above 1700m, or will the rate of fall bring the temp down?

Screenshot_20220730-091412-178.png
Just my 2c but I think the timing of the moisture (as always) will play a part. If the precip rate is higher at night could be a win.

In any case Thur looks to be the worst of it below 17-1800.

If it pushes up a little higher the backend could be great.

Reactions: foxbat

MickM

A Local
Ski Pass
Aug 15, 2001
Gordon, Vic
ECMWF forecasting for Falls Creek is picking up some snow activity on Wed. August tenth. It is also (on the today's forecasting run) predicting slightly less R*** on Wed. & Thursday this week and less snow on Friday 5/8/22 and Sat. 6/8/22.
Yeah, Buller R**N totals are a little lower too. Might not be too much damage & most likely net gain by the end of the week (fingers crossed)

GobrinIce

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 9, 2019
Question for Perisher with regards to the upcoming rain event:

I was going to book lessons and be based at Smiggins for Friday and Saturday this weekend. Would the huge amount of rain significantly impact Smiggins and the link between Smiggins and Perisher? Wondering if I should base family at smiggins or go to front valley. Obviously can't be definite, just wondering general impact of this rain. Thank you.

POW Hungry

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 28, 2000
Eastern Burbs of Sydney
Question for Perisher with regards to the upcoming rain event:

I was going to book lessons and be based at Smiggins for Friday and Saturday this weekend. Would the huge amount of rain significantly impact Smiggins and the link between Smiggins and Perisher? Wondering if I should base family at smiggins or go to front valley. Obviously can't be definite, just wondering general impact of this rain. Thank you.
Try the Perisher thread. It's hardly weather related - your request is more resort specific RE: snowpack linkages.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using