Question Work at Mt Hotham and how to get there by flight

Alanwonsky

Hard Yards
Jul 2, 2019
Hi all
I am applying for a seasonal job in Mt Hotham this winter. I am from Brisbane and have never been to Mt Hotham. I don't drive. So I wonder how to fly to the nearest airport(s) of Mt Hotham and appx how much it costs.

Does anyone have worked in Mt Hotham before, welcome to share your work experience like how busy they are and whether you have enough time / energy left for skiing or snowboarding

Thanks a lot

Hermannator

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 9, 2010
Melburn
Possibly cheapest option when alll alternatives costs are factored in.
For the benefit of the OP, the Hotham Facebook pages often have (at least in the past) charter flight operators offering deals from Melb (typically Essendon).
Not sure how many flights are going direct from Bris to YHOT or if this is realistic

Reactions: skifree

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy
For the benefit of the OP, the Hotham Facebook pages often have (at least in the past) charter flight operators offering deals from Melb (typically Essendon).
Not sure how many flights are going direct from Bris to YHOT or if this is realistic
Im not sure it will be operating pre or early season?

CasualRabbit135

First Runs
Jun 9, 2021
I just got seasonal work in Hotham myself, and going to drive there alone from Melbourne 17/6.

If anyone wants a lift (pickup Melb CBD/Tulla?) I can do with some company/petrol money.

Reactions: Ozgirl and piolet

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy
I just got seasonal work in Hotham myself, and going to drive there alone from Melbourne 17/6.

If anyone wants a lift (pickup Melb CBD/Tulla?) I can do with some company/petrol money.
Join this group and ask there. enjoy your first season!

Screenshot_20210609-091951.png

Reactions: piolet

Hermannator

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 9, 2010
Melburn

Also join the Hotham Seasoners 2021 FB page for a range of things incl lifts to/from the mtn

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass