1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW REGISTRATIONS

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Question Work in European Ski Resort

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Mrf0852, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Mrf0852

Mrf0852 First Runs

I'm looking at getting work at a European ski resort in 2019/2020 for a gap year- preferably in either Germany or Austria since I can speak German. Does anyone have any advice for trying to find a job? I can get a WHV easily, can ski to a decent standard (but would prefer not to be an instructor) and have experience in retail. I'd like to have a job organised before I arrive there, and it would be great if accommodation was included too. Should I choose a resort to go to and then contact businesses directly to see if they're looking for employees?

2. LDJ

LDJ One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

Things to think about which will help with recommendations
    - do you want to ski or party or both
    - are you getting a job to make money or for the most ski time
    - are you wanting to go local and mainly speak German or more international flavour?
    - do you like big resorts or small resorts
    - offpiste vs on-piste preferences

This will help people recommend resorts and best approaches

3. LDJ

LDJ One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

Oh and it will be one of the best things you do. You may get a taste and do it for years

4. Mrf0852

Mrf0852 First Runs

I'd mainly like to ski instead of party, the job is mainly for the ski time but I would like to save a bit to fund some travels at the end of the season. I'd prefer to have some international visitors so I can speak english too, so would probably prefer a big resort. I only really do on-piste skiing, so am looking for somewhere with a lot of runs if possible.

I'm pretty flexible with all of these things, I'd just be grateful for a job :)