1. Coronavirus #StayHome

Official Advice

- People in Australia must stay at least 1.5 metres away from others and gatherings are limited to two people unless you are with your family or household.
    - If you believe you may have contracted the virus, call your doctor (don’t visit) or contact the national Coronavirus Health Information Hotline on 1800 020 080.
    - If you are struggling to breathe or experiencing a medical emergency, call 000.

Information Resources Mental Health Note: This announcement may be closed & This announcement will be reset every few days.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Work in Perisher

Discussion in 'Perisher' started by maddie810, May 22, 2014.

1. maddie810

maddie810 First Runs

Hi all,

I am headed up to Perisher this year to work in a resort and live there too. (Just waitressing and housekeeping)

Just wondering what to expect and also what I need??? What sort of shoes is a main concern? I've never skied or boarded before.

Also wondering about season passes and things I would need as these are not provided?

Any help greatly appreciated!!!

2. skichanger

skichanger A Local Ski Pass: Gold

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you have well and truly missed the early bird halfish price season pass.

There have been a few others asking similar questions so search for those threads for useful info.

3. Fandango

Fandango Addicted

Maybe ask your lodge manager if there are any staff discounts available for season passes - I think they have an 'Ambassador' pass which may save you a little bit. You'll need some good snow walking boots if you go out at night, watch out for your jacket when you're in pubs, nice ones can go missing. As for the rest, get some skis & boots, get some lessons, stay healthy, don't get too drunk too often or you'll miss the freshies, ski in any weather, have fun!!

ADEL_GUY likes this.
  4. Nozawaman

Nozawaman A Local

Are you kidding ????? Right of passage , but after visiting my daughter last season , I was disgusted at how lame they are now .
    A season in the snow is NOTHING like it used to be .

5. skichanger

ROFLROFLROFL I am reading this right - your disgusted because your daughter, her friends or people working on the mountain don't get blind drunk and then ski freshies with huge hangovers? ROFLROFLROFL

#5 skichanger, May 25, 2014
    Last edited: May 25, 2014
  6. Fandango

Fandango Addicted

LOL, I just remember what it was like for me, I definitely got drunk too often and missed whole days!!

7. Nozawaman

Nozawaman A Local

Yep .... kids nowadays are too soft !!!!!!
    Best thing for a hangover was a big lung full of fresh cold air ......... Oh , and another thing we never missed ANY pow day no matter how drunk we were the night before .

skichanger likes this.
  8. toxicfox

toxicfox Hard Yards

^^ this. But to be fair, the bar used to stay open until everyone one had decided to stop drinking. None of this 1am closing. When he was working at the snow, Nozawaman could have left the bar at 6am, gone to breakfast then straight onto the lift. Sleep at midday and do it all again the next night.

9. Nozawaman

Nozawaman A Local

With your missus hahahahaha

#9 Nozawaman, May 26, 2014
    Last edited: May 26, 2014
  10. skichanger

So glad you edited that!