Question Working in a french chalet as a non EEA citizen.

Discussion in 'Europe' started by JessicaPresto, Jul 29, 2018.

1. JessicaPresto

JessicaPresto First Runs

Hello! I am really interested in working a season at a chalet in France, but I do not hold a European passport (I am an American). Does anyone know if it is possible to work as a chalet host as a non-European? I really appreciate any information anyone may have!

2. Draizuh

Draizuh One of Us

Depends who you are working for. Most chalets are run by english companies. If you can get a visa for england they might take you on (they did for me) but with Brexit and everything these days i suspect thats all going to change. Generally speaking, no visa, no job.

3. Hyst

Hyst One of Us
    Ski Pass - Gold

If you are young look at working holidays - might be a way in.

There is one crazy guy on "snowheads" forum name "nixmap*" who looks for some taking care of his chalet every winter - but no pay - but other benefits. (Switzerland).

Some Dutch chalet companies have turned up in the later years. How is your Dutch, French, German.

If you have great cooking skills tell the companys. Drivning in snowy conditions as well good skills to have.

But do not espect it to be like "Chalet Girl" :whistle:

You know this right: https://www.chaletsdirect.com/ they have a Solution Room not ment for you, but.....!

4. LDJ

LDJ Hard Yards
    Ski Pass - Silver

If you are up for a risk. I would head to one of the larger British centric resorts and just get a cash in hand job at one of the chalets while on tourist visa. I know a number of Aus, NZ and US mates who did this. It’s easier getting someone in resort than flying/coaching out a replacement from UK when the 18yr gets too drunk and misses breakfast shift for 3rd time. Worst that happens is you ski for a few weeks as a bum and head home again if you can’t get a job

5. Hyst

Hyst One of Us
    Ski Pass - Gold

@LDJ
    Maybe we should have some of these in europa?

[​IMG]

I advice to have the papers in order, even though we do not have a Trump.

6. LDJ

LDJ Hard Yards
    Ski Pass - Silver

I definitely agree to have a tourist visa to be on the safe side...