1. Coronavirus #StayHome

Official Advice

- People in Australia must stay at least 1.5 metres away from others and gatherings are limited to two people unless you are with your family or household.
    - If you believe you may have contracted the virus, call your doctor (don’t visit) or contact the national Coronavirus Health Information Hotline on 1800 020 080.
    - If you are struggling to breathe or experiencing a medical emergency, call 000.

Information Resources Mental Health Note: This announcement may be closed & This announcement will be reset every few days.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Worst Meals

Discussion in 'Falls Creek' started by Doogie, Jul 29, 2007.

1. st Kilda

st Kilda First Runs

I don't think that anyone could consider a $35 or $38 parma good value.

2. loc

loc Hard Yards

no different buildings

food was reasonably priced - $18 for a gourmet pot pie and salad that was as good if not better then what u would get off the hill

it was the $5 for one of those small italian sodas that killed me

3. K@os

K@os A Local

Only ate out once during my stay and that was on Big Air night....as you can imagine it was busy most places around the village bowl. Tried FCH first but it was full and a couple of other places were packed too, so made our way to The Man. Good value for money and a decent sized schnitta too.

Best meals we had were the ones we made ourselves though [​IMG]

Gotta love having steak....and then getting served a pre-dinner steak as well coz we bought too much, [​IMG]

#53 K@os, Aug 22, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013
  4. Apresski

Apresski Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

No Huski is on the corner of Sitzmark St. and Slalom st. Milch is part of Freauf Village on Schuss St.

5. Doogie

Doogie First Runs

Damn .... I always get those two mixed up for some reason.

#55 Doogie, Aug 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2013
  6. anniebans2

anniebans2 First Runs

re my request on 5/8 - thanks for responses - BEST MEALS - FC Hotel - may be bias as staying as guest but four courses for dinner every night with set soup and entree and choice of two mains and desserts, great BBQs on balcony for public with help yourself to as much fresh Greek style salad (kalamata olives and feta) and other salads (potato) on sunny days overlooking summit and bowl. Good spread for brekky - fresh and canned fruit, cereals, toast, yoghurts, cook to order eggs, snags, mushies, toms. Didn't need to try anywhere else. I find Falls has a different eating style than Buller - at Falls you eat in-house whereas Buller you tend to go out.

7. Doogie

Doogie First Runs

Glad you enjoyed the FC. We used to eat there at least once everytime we went up and it was always a good feed but we haven't eaten there for a few years mainly because we are either at the other end of the resort (hate walking up hill after a few bottles of wine) or we have had a package.

Glad to see they are still offering great food.

8. Slushii

Slushii Mostly missing in action... Ski Pass: Gold

Had a good lunch at the Gateway Cafe on Sunday the 2nd of September. Basic tucker and quite reasonably priced.

Whenever my friends and I ski Falls for a day, we always aim to park at the Gully Day carpark, use the facilities at Gateway, have lunch there.

9. Froggy

Froggy First Runs

I had a Chicken Schnitzel for 23 dollars at the frying pan while I was up there, it was fantastic and some of the best salad dressing I've ever tasted add to the fact it was only about 6 or 7 bucks more than off the mountain I was highly impressed.