1. Coronavirus #StayHome

Official Advice

- People in Australia must stay at least 1.5 metres away from others and gatherings are limited to two people unless you are with your family or household.
    - If you believe you may have contracted the virus, call your doctor (don’t visit) or contact the national Coronavirus Health Information Hotline on 1800 020 080.
    - If you are struggling to breathe or experiencing a medical emergency, call 000.

Information Resources Mental Health Note: This announcement may be closed & This announcement will be reset every few days.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Worth heading up this weekend?

Discussion in 'Perisher' started by andy567, Jun 17, 2014.

1. andy567

andy567 First Runs

Hi all, I am thinking of heading up on Sunday for a day at Perisher, from Canberra. I know it is still really early in the season and probably won't be great, but just want to get on the snow. Is it worth it at all or am I better off waiting? I have never been boarding in Australia this early and just don't really know what to expect. If someone could give me an idea of what I would be getting myself into it would be much appreciated!

2. Balsta

Balsta One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

I'm going to probably head up, at the very least front valley (V8) will be open, but with some good snow making potential over the next few days I'd think that the quad to Mid-Station, Sturt & Mitchel T-Bar and even the Early Starter Dbl chair at Blue Cow could be open. Crowds I'm not sure about, nothing like a mid season weekend but with only a few lifts I assume the potential is there for longish lift lines.

3. andy567

andy567 First Runs

Thanks for the reply! I may just have to cop the crowds and go anyway. Fingers crossed it doesn't rain before then...

4. Skippy224

Skippy224 First Runs

I went for a day trip yesterday, it's actually not bad for this early. Lift prices have gone back up now though. They had the v8 and quad open yesterday. There's a bit of earth showing in places so watch for rocks etc. Surface is pretty darn icy/hard too so if your a beginner wear some protection for wrists and butt because when you hit deck it hurts.